Flash website building tool Wix has launched a series of new improvements to its editor that will make the customization process of its free website templates even better.
These new upgrades will make it easier for any John Doe to create a fantastic free web design. Amongst the improvements are:
- New Menus and Buttons with lots of great new skins and customization options.
- Smoother movements in the carousel gallery and mini-pages.
- Brand new editor shortcuts. The new shortcuts include group selections, precise layer selections etc.
- The Wix loader is now small and gray and will soon be customizable, just like any other object in the editor.
- The editor loading speed has also been improved, as a result of enhanced image caching and a reduction in file sizes.
- Better search engine optimization for Wix websites. While Wix has always been search engine friendly, the free websites now have even better HTML representation of the website content – making them highly legible and compatible for SEO purposes.
- Editor screen size flexibility. Adjustments to screen size compatibility will make it easier to work with Wix in smaller resolutions.
Wix.com is a fast-growing website that offers its users both free Flash templates and free website builder software that is both intuitive and professional. Wix has also developed a solution to make these Flash website designs compatible with search engine crawlers.
While the company has been active for a couple of years, recently it has been introducing a series of new innovations, improving customer experience and usability. Many of these new improvements are a result of the ‘Wish List’ program which Wix has been implementing for over a year. The Wish List is a forum in which Wix users are encouraged to send in ideas for improvements and changes in the Wix editor and free website templates. As more requests come in for a specific feature, it rises to the top of the list of priorities.
Wix was established in 2005 and has its headquarters in NY and offices in Tel-Aviv. It is backed by Mangrove Capital Partners and Bessemer Venture Partners. More information on can be found at http://www.wix.com.